Hello my lovely readers, I am back and here today to do the Ultimate Book Tag!
1) Do you get sick in the car?
Nope, not usually.. unless I start reading while I have a headache and don’t have my glasses on.. Those are my only two issues, when combined that cause car sickness whilst reading. So YAY!
2) Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Sarah Addison Allen has beautiful writing. Her worlds are magical realism and her writing really shows that. Also, Laini Taylor has a very beautiful and lyrical writing style. I like how she strings words together.
3) Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
HARRY POTTER ALL THE WAY! I’ve read both series.. and I love the HP world. J.K. Rowling created this amazing world filled with quirky, amazing characters.. that millions of people want to live in. I choose Harry Potter because of; The Magic. Wands, spells, charms.. it is fantastic. The “Beasts”.. Dragons, Trestrals, Centaurs, Unicorns, House Elves, 3 Headed Dogs, Giant Squid.. and many more. The Characters. This world is filled with many, many great characters. Even the horrible characters are written well and people still have such strong feelings towards them. For bonus points, the History. I want to own Hogwarts, A History.
4) Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
I do not carry a book bag.. I do carry a purse and in it is, always a book, gum, my wallet, ipod, phone, glasses, sunglasses, lip stuff, a small brush and ponytail holders, my inhaler, other medication, usually a fruit snack, a notebook and pen, keys.. it is a heavy purse.
5) Do you smell your books?
Not often, but I have before. No shame.
6) Books with or without little illustrations?
Usually without.. but I don’t mind if there are some that add something to the story. And the older a book gets and get reprinted with my illustrations, I like to see the differences.
7) What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Well, I didn’t love Twilight.. in fact I did not like it much at all.. and I knew the writing quality wasn’t great because I read it when I was 22.. I can’t really think of any other books.
8) Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
When I was little and my mom would read to me, she would be tired and tried to skip a couple pages and I would say “MOMMY YOU MISSED A PART.. THAT’S NOT HOW IT GOES! GO BACK!” and she would have to start over again..
9) What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
The Glass Menagerie – Tennessee Williams at 105 pages.
10) What is the thickest book on your shelf?
A Storm of Swords – George R. R. Martin at 1177 pages.
11) Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I do not write.. I used to write little short stories when I was younger.. and my dad always asks me when I am going to write my own novel.. I would really love to one day. Here‘s to hoping.
12) When did you get into reading?
For as long as I can remember, I have loved reading.
13) What is your favorite classic book?
The Old Man and the Sea – Ernest Hemingway. I read this book every summer. I love it.
14) In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
English, and Foods class were my two best and favourite classes.. they are the two things I love to do.. read and bake (and cook)
15) If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I don’t really get books as presents unless I specifically ask for them.. or they are on my Christmas wish list so people know what to get. My friends and family never really attempt to buy me books because I have so many.. I know this doesn’t really answer the question but I can’t think of what I would do. Probably politely say something.
16) What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
The Magicians – Lev Grossman has been said to be like Harry Potter. I started reading it, I haven’t finished it yet but I don’t like that comparison. I can’t think of anything else right now though.
17) What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
I am trying to “…” less in my posts. I know I do it a lot.
18) What is your favorite word?
Zazzy, it is my best friends and my word for each other. I call my sister Sassafras, just because it is a cool word. I like the world alright.. I know it isn’t glamorous or anything but I like it.
19) Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I don’t like labels.. But my friends and family call me a nerd all the time. Especially when I start spurting out randoms facts and tidbits of information.
20) Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires.. because they are children of the night and cool. If the mythology and lore behind the Vampire stories is done in a cool way.. (i.e. not sparkly in the sun – that is lame) then Vampires are badass. I have tried to read Fairie books and just can’t get in to them.. BUT I love fairie mythology.. I have a lot of books (non-fiction) on Fairie lore. Sooooo Fairies I guess!
21) Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters!!! They are so cool, just being able to turn in to something or something else.
22) Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Umm… Spirits. They can be bad.. or good.. there is just so much to do there. Werewolves are super cool though.
23) Zombies or Vampires?
I made my case for Vampires above and they lost.. and I think they win but only slightly against Zombies. I just need to read more Zombie books maybe.
24) Love Triangle or Forbidden Love
Neither. I would be perfectly okay without either. I HATE love triangles, especially pointless ones. ugh. Forbidden Love can be pretty saucy I guess 😉
25) Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in. I own both type of books, but I get bored with full on romance. I need more!
Well! There it is. It was long. It was fun. I hope you enjoyed reading this, and I hope you made it to the end!
What are your guys’ picks?
I do not know who is the original person whom created the tag.. but TAG! you’re all it! and if you do this tag, tag me in it because I’d love to know what you say!
Brianne – xox.